Saturday, November 19, 2016

Elvis Hitler ‎– Supersadomasochisticexpialidocious cs

 

Today we take another trip down memory lane with Detroit, Michigan's Elvis Hitler. (Before people start freaking out this is not a Nazi band.) I used to own all three of their records on either cassette or CD, some place down the line I either misplaced then or just out and out lost them. So, here I go rebuilding my Elvis Hitler collection with a cassette that I bought off of Amazon.

I really enjoyed this band a lot back in the early '90's and would listen to Disgraceland, Hellbilly and  Supersadomasochisticexpialidocious quite a bit. The combination of punk, cowpunk and rockabilly really did a lot for me.  I think Jim Leedy's voice is really cut out for this combination of musical styles.

Unfortunately, I only got to kind of see Elvis Hitler once. I say kind of because they only got done with one song before an all out riot started between a group of boneheads, security, and SHARPS. It really pissed me off because I was really stoked to see the band play. Oh well, at least I got to see them play one song live. As soon as all hell was breaking loose the band quietly took their equipment down and walked off the stage. I put two and two together and came up with time to get the hell out of dodge. The person who I was with started freaking out and we left before the police showed up.

Supersadomasochisticexpialidocious was their third and final release and they went out with a pretty damn good release. The revisit the song "Ghoul" for this album which I have always thought was kind of weird but oh well. The best songs on this album, "Shotgun Shell," a song about love and betrayal. "Shove that Sax" another great song, especially because I really hate saxophones. I'm not sure why but the sound of a saxophone really makes me cranky. "Bury the Hatchet," and Flathead Boogie" are also great songs.

I honestly doubt that this or any of the other Elvis Hitler releases will be re-released, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

This was released in 1992 on Restless records.

Enjoy,

Brian Guy

http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/Rmngv7yA/file.html






No comments:

Post a Comment