Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Story of the Jews with Simon Schama

"The Story of the Jews," is a great BBC documentary series hosted by Simon Schama. The series is divided into five different chapters.
1. In the Beginning
2. Among the Believers
3.A Leap of Faith
4. Over the Rainbow
5. ReturnI have to admit that I have not seen the last two chapters, so I can only comment on the first three chapters. Basically this is exactly what it says it is, the story of the Jewish people.

From what I have seen I have to say it is all pretty well done and keeps your interest. Mr. Schama who is a historian and Jewish really keeps things moving and does not sugarcoat things and doesn't over do it either.
Of all of the programs of religious history I think this is my favourite one, it's not preachy and not over the top.

The show travels the globe tracking the history of the Jews from the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Cairo, Jerusalem, Berlin and New York are also visited.

I would recommend this series to anyone who is interested in Jewish history.

Supposedly there are more episodes in the work, we will see.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

For some strange reason the blog is having issues doing this the way I want to save it and the first two sentences are in bold and don't want to let me correct it. Nothing like frustration. So, if this seems kind of like a short post the frustration quotient came into play.

No comments:

Post a Comment