Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Cowlitz County Boys - St. Helens (Queen of Three) 7"

I know nothing about The Cowlitz County Boys, I can't even find anything on line about this 45. If you know anything about this band let me know.

This is being posted on the anniversary of the eruption of Mt. St. Helens, which blew its top on this date back in 1980 at 1545pt.

The mountain had been threatening to blow for a while and then it finally happened, and it was spectacular. I may have only been nine years old, but I knew that this was something spectacular and terrifying all at the same time.

There was mudflows on the Tuttle River which threatened Interstate 5, log jams, ash and total destruction were shown on TV. Parts of Eastern Washington looked like midnight because of all the ash that was spewed in the air.

I dedicate this post to the 57 people who's lives where lost on that faithful day in May of 1980.

Released in 1980 on Renegade Records of Tacoma, WA.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/omgk9a

Cheers,

Brian Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment