Thursday, November 28, 2013

Hasidic New Wave - Jews & the Abstract Truth cd

Well it's Thanksgiving and the 2nd day of Hanukkah so lets celebrate with some Hasidic New Wave, I think they are from New York, and feature Frank London and Greg Wall.

Now if you are expecting anything at all new wave, as I was, you are in for a BIG surprise. What we have here is jazz pure and simple.

The word "Abstract," I think is the one word that really describes this best. Not saying this is good or bad.

I'm not a big jazz fan. I have to admit that for the most part this did nothing for me there really are no lyrics or singing, I think there is some chanting on one song, but for the most part this didn't keep my interest (the things I do for my wife).

There where a few songs that I liked out of the collection. "V'Smachta," "Debka," and "Finale: Juba" were okay, but this is not something that I'm going to be listening to a lot in the future.

This was released in 1997 on Knitting Factory of New York, NY.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

http://rapidshare.com/share/F7F09C98032CC0042B791106B3E2C19B

No comments:

Post a Comment