Friday, October 18, 2013

Knucklehead - I LP

I really wasn't sure what to expect out of this. Was it an OI band, possibly metal??? Well what we have here is metal kind of like that of the previous posted Knightmare. (I guess I seem to be reliving my teenage years lately with all this metal.)

The only thing I know about Knucklehead is that they were from Madison, WI.

Lyrics are kind of silly at times an example of this is the song "All Your Lies,' which has the lyrics "So, you've got a pretty face Well that's outside. Otherwise There's no trace 'cause inside your poop."

Really Poop? when listening to the song I don't hear the word poop, can't tell what they say, maybe shit. still using the word poop in your lyrics doesn't make you sound impressive it makes my think that you are seven years old. Maybe I'm being a little hard on them because it seems like in the 80's a lot of metal bands put out lyric sheets that didn't exactly follow the lyrics, I hope that was the reason.

Other songs touch on religion in "Mirror Christs," and war "P.O.W." The one song I really can't figure out is the one called "Johnny Cash." I have no idea what this song is about. I don't think it's about singer Johnny Cash, is it about people who want to do nothing but make money? Nothing like confusing lyrics.

Now, you are probably thinking, "Jesus Christ, he must really hate this record." Honestly, I enjoyed it, I just wish the lyrics were a bit better.

Released in 1985 on Speed of Sound Records of Philadelphia, PA

Enjoy,

Brian Guy

http://rapidshare.com/share/AA94DB505BC61FB0AD6004E3F51B1ABD

2 comments:

  1. Wasnt there a Canadian Street/Oi! band by that same name back in early 00's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah there is a band out of Calgary, Alberta called the Knuckleheads. Always thought they were more hardcore. However, there has to be an OI band with the name Knuckleheads out there some place.

    Cheers,

    Brian Guy

    ReplyDelete