Thursday, October 17, 2013

Knightmare (NH) - Mindless Mayhem LP

Not exactly the best album cover I've ever seen, but this band from Manchester, NH played some pretty good metal.

I think what I enjoy most about this band is the fact that is reminds me a lot of the bands that you'd hear on the "Metal Massacre" compilations from the 80's. There is a basic level on this that I really like a lot.

Al Mead plays bass and vocals he also was a member of GG Allin and the Scumfucks, so that also gives them some punk quality to their music.

They also do a really good cover of the Dead Boys "Sonic Reducer."

I'd say this is good traditional metal music from the late 80's without the glam metal. They do have the bullet belts and hair of any good metal band.

This was released in 1987 on Beaner City Records of Manchester, NH.

Beaner City Records? Interesting name for your record company.

Enjoy,

Brian Guy

http://rapidshare.com/share/B7415877930D6251ED269838E6B9164B

No comments:

Post a Comment