Monday, October 7, 2013

John Trubee - Blind Man's Penis 7"

A very strange 45 for today. I have to admit I really don't know much about John Trubee aside from what is listed on the back sleeve.

I'll let you read the back so you can get all the details of how this came about.

Pretty strange that the person who did the liner notes is Matt Groening of "The Simpsons" fame.

According to what I have read on line Trubee did a lot of records of crank phone calls and poetry.

As for this record itself the song "Blind Man's Penis" is kind of funny and worth a chuckle here and there.  The Song is not really that offensive in my opinion. The second side is a crank call to a motel, and quite honestly I've never understood crank calls, not even as a kid. The Jerky Boys and Neil Hamburger's crank calls to me for the most part just seemed stupid and this is no different and the sound quality is pretty horrible.

Over all this is a good novelty record. There is an address for Trubee listing North Hollywood, CA.

This was released by Mykel Board's Seidboard World Enterprises/The Only Record Label in the World of New York, NY in 1984

Enjoy,

Brian Guy

http://rapidshare.com/share/99994AEFFD011B38E6EC1F383408F476

No comments:

Post a Comment