Saturday, October 26, 2013

Haunted Downtown Vancouver, WA Tour

Last night my wife and I went on a tour of "haunted places," in Downtown Vancouver.

It was a lot of fun. We were supposed to be on the 20:00 tour but got in on the 18:00 tour, which was really nice of our guide Brad Richardson of the Clark Co., Historical Society to accommodate us

The tour started in the Historical Society Headquarters which was originally a library build with a Grant from the  Carnegie Corporation of New York headed by Andrew Carnegie it was Granted on Jan. 20th 1908.

We then went down Main St., were he pointed out various places and ghostly things that happened in them. From Kiggins Theatre where a woman appears out of nowhere and to a couple who after hours appear to be watching a movie that only they can see, once approached they disappear, to the Interstate 5 bridge which is said to be haunted by former Vancouver mayor G. R. Percival who hung himself on Hayden Island. It is said his dejected ghost can be seen during the fall of the year walking the oldest span of the bridge.

All and all for an hour long tour and $10 this was worth it.

I had heard all but one of the stories before, from various books I have read. The story of Royce Thomas a bungling bank robber who was shot to death after he got cold feet and attempted to run away was a new story to me. He is said to haunt the building which is no longer a bank and makes his presents known in the loft area of the building. I can't remember the name of the building and it's driving me crazy.

There were somethings that were left out that I would have liked to have seen mentioned, The Slocum House which is reputed to be haunted and has even turned up on a ghost programme here in the states or the Old Hospital which is also supposed to be a hot spot of paranormal activity.

It was fun, it was good exercise and probably something I would do again if I had a chance, we will see.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment