Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sex Pistols - Randys Rodeo 1978 LP

I have been thinking about posting this for a while now, and finally said what the hell. I ripped it and here we are.

First off, I've always enjoyed the Sex Pistols. Even if they were pretty much a prefab band put together by Malcolm McLaren to sell clothes at his shop. I still enjoy them for what they are straight up punk rock.

Along the same area, I really couldn't give a toss about where punk rock started. New York, London, California, Detroit, Piddle Patch, KY. The reason I don't care is it doesn't matter.

Punk is what it is. I enjoy all flavours of punk from left wing gutter punks and Commies, cowpunk, and all the way to some of the RAC bands, but that's just me. If you want to piss and moan about who started  punk please take it some place else because, I really don't care or feel like it's an issue. If you want to talk about the history of punk that's different, but don't give me any elitist bullshit either as I don't care.

As for this album it is a recording of the Sex Pistols show from Randys Rodeo in San Antonio, TX Jan. 8th 1978.

The sound quality is pretty spotty but considering this is from 1978, I'm not going to complain too much. I found it very enjoyable and kind of like a piece of history.

When I ripped this I did it as one track, so it would be just like the show was. I might break it down track, by track later if you are interested drop me a line, and we will see what I can do.

This bootleg was released by Trade Mark of Quality from where and when I do not know.

Enjoy the spirit of 77,

Brian Guy

http://rapidshare.com/files/3814423203/SP%20-%20Randys%20Rodeo%201978%20LP.rar


No comments:

Post a Comment