Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Less Than Jake - Slayer 7"

I never thought in a million years I'd be posting something from Less Than Jake on my blog.

It's not that I don't like Less Than Jake, it's just I don't really care for ska that much. Ska for the most part is annoying to me, there are exceptions, but they are few and far between and this is one of them.

So, why am I posting this? Well, I have always been a big fan of Slayer. I almost wrecked a car listening to "Hell Awaits" because I was laughing so hard, but I digress.

What we have on this slab of blood red orange vinyl (at least that's the colour I think it is, I'm kind of colour blind) is two great covers of Slayer Songs by Gainesville, Florida's Less Than Jake.

When I first saw this in the record store, My first reaction is what is this? Then I was kind of hesitant it was $10. and I really don't like ska, so I thought about it for a couple of seconds and said, "What the Hell, I like covers and I like Slayer what can go wrong?"

In this case nothing went wrong this is really, really well done. Less Than Jake does a fantastic job of combining Thrash Metal and Ska. "Evil has no Boundaries," and "Antichrist," are the songs that are covered and they rock.

Chris DeMakes almost sounds like Tom Araya at times on both songs which is pretty amazing and the guitar work is pretty good to. As for the horns, well they sound good too. (can't believe I said that).

This was released in 1996 on No Idea of Gainesville, FL

http://rapidshare.com/files/2928570136/LTJ%20-%20Slayer%207inch.rar

I know I didn't post anything when Jeff Hanneman passed away earlier this year, I feel kind of guilty about not posting any thing since I really enjoy Slayer, but I really didn't know really what to say, so I guess this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment