Monday, July 29, 2013

Alan Mills - Sings I Know an Old Lady and Other Funny Songs ep

Alan Mills, was a Quebecois who did a lot of folk songs in both English and French.

The sound quality on this ep is not the best, there are a lot of pops and more than a few skips, but the humour of children's songs made me have to post this.

On this little ep we have four songs. I've heard of all but one of the songs "One Wide River to Cross."

The Song, "I Know an Old Lady," makes me wonder what this woman did for a living in her past. Kind of one of those things that you never think about when you are a kid, and probably a good thing.

"Old MacDonald Had a Farm," always a great song and last but not least a song that for some reason sticks out in my childhood, "Froggie Went a-Courtin'."

Pretty light stuff and if you can handle the sound quality of a 44 year old piece of vinyl it's well worth it.

Enjoy,

Brian Guy

Released by Scholastic Records of New York, in 1969

http://rapidshare.com/files/1830919256/Alan%20Mills%20-%20Sings%20I%20Know%20an%20Old%20Lady%20and%20Other%20Funny%20Songs%20ep.rar

1 comment:

  1. hi, Brian, The Secret Mountain will publish a book-CD featuring Alan Mills' songs in September. www.thesecretmountain.com -
    Please let me know if you'd like to review it!

    ReplyDelete