Friday, April 5, 2013

Roy Acuff Jr. - Wabash Cannonball 7"

The son of Roy Acuff covering one of his father's best known song "Wabash Cannonball," it's not that bad, it did take me a little bit to get used to his voice. He does make the song his own, and I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just a little different from the way his dad did the song.

"Baby Just Said Goodbye" is the flipside, and I have to say it reminds me of something that Gram Parsons would have done. There's a country feel to it but it also has a little bit of rock and roll to it, which is pretty good.

According to what I fan find on Discos.com it really doesn't seem like Roy Acuff Jr. had much of a recording career, which is too bad because I think he had some talent, maybe not as much as his famous father, but still pretty good if you ask me.

Released on Hickory Records of Nashville, TN

Cheers,

Brian Guy

http://rapidshare.com/files/4088566744/Roy%20Acuff%20Jr.%20-%20Wabash%20Cannonball%207inch.rar

No comments:

Post a Comment