Tuesday, April 16, 2013

BC Sports Hall of Fame Museum


I enjoy British Columbia, always have it is an amazing place to see a lot of things. On this trip, I have to admit I was looking for BC Lions swag, and had kind of a hard time finding any, granted the season hasn't started yet, but still you would think you'd find some home town pride in one of the greatest CFL teams of all time??? Oh well maybe it's just because I'm kind of a homer for the Lions, I'm also a Tiger-Cats fan figure that one out I can't.

So to find some Lions swag my wife and I decided to check out the BC Sports hall of fame and I am glad that I did. Not only did I find Lions swag, even if they only had phone covers for Iphones, I did find some cool merchandise.

The Museum located in BC Place, which happens to be home to the Lions, is a pretty neat place. It's not exactly a huge museum. But it does have some pretty interesting exhibits. I enjoyed the First Nations exhibit and the Terry Fox story that I had kind of forgotten about, damn that was depressing.

I Didn't see anything on  Cam Neely, from Comox, BC who played for the Boston Bruins of the NHL and the juniors for the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL, which was kind of a let down but still this is a fun museum. You can't have everything right?

The Participation Zone reminded me a lot of the Hockey HOF in Toronto with the goal scoring experience, which do to all the little kids I didn't participate it.

If you are in Vancouver, BC and feel the urge to see a sports museum check this place out.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment