Tuesday, March 5, 2013

W.C. Fields - Mae West - His only Recordings plus 8 Mae West Songs LP

I've been meaning to post this for a while but have been too busy to do much of anything as of late so here it is.

Side A: is W.C. Fields delivering a couple of stories. It's not his "A" material but its still pretty good. Also, I don't think this is is only recordings, I'm pretty sure there are some other stuff floating around.

Side B:  is Mae West and let me tell you this is what makes this record shine. All of West songs are enjoyable and the style is very wide ranging from jazzy selections to more Vaudevillian .

I think that Rusty Warren got some ideas for her songs from listening to Mae West. Maybe one day I'll get around to posting some of Rusty Warren's records.

I'm not sure when this was released but I think from what research I've done it's around 1946. It was released on Proscenium Records of New York.

Enjoy,

Brian Guy

http://rapidshare.com/files/3183480800/W.C.%20Fields%20-%20Mae%20West%20-%20His%20only%20Recordings%20plus%208%20Mae%20West%20Songs%20LP.rar

No comments:

Post a Comment