Friday, March 15, 2013

The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy - Hypocrisy is the Greatest Luxury cs

Another post that may seem kind of out of place on this blog. I have to admit my knowledge of rap and all the sub-genes of rap, but I do know what I like when I here it and The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy are that band.

I had kind of forgot about this San Francisco, CA group, until we were talking about them at work today. It was then I remembered how much I enjoyed their work not only under The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy, but also as the Beatnigs, who recorded on Jello Biafra's Alternative Tentacles label in the 80's.

On this record we have some pretty good rap with left wing leaning lyrics. My favourite songs are the cover of the Dead Kennedys "California Uber Alles,"also "Television, the Drug of the Nation," and "Famous and Dandy (Like Amos n' Andy).

Released on cassette in 1992 on 4th and Broadway.

Enjoy,

Brian Guy

http://rapidshare.com/files/468680495/Disposable%20Heroes%20of%20Hiphoprisy_%20the%20-%20Hypocrisy%20is%20the%20Greatest%20Luxury.rar

3 comments:

  1. Too many people are to stuck up in the whole scene-shit and refuse to even acknowledge other things. I might hate 95% of all rap today but give me a couple of beers and put on something from Wu-tang clans first album or some hard boom-bap and even Bernando will do the robot-dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd almost pay to see you do the robot-dance. Yeah, I have to agree that it seems like there are a lot of people that seem to be stuck in what ever kind of music that they are into and don't want to listen to anything else. The only music that I really refuse to listen to is top 40 corporate rock, it has no soul.

    Cheers,

    Brian Guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw these guys open for Billy Bragg back in the 90's. Great show. Michael Franti never disappoints.

    ReplyDelete