Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hogan's Heroes Sing the Best of World War II LP - va

If you thought this was going to be a post about the band New Jersey hardcore band Hogan's Heroes, sorry, this is about the TV show.

I grew up watching reruns of "Hogan's Heroes" on TV and fell in love with the show and the characters in it.

Okay I know it's TV and all, but being a little kid it was a lot of fun watching the POWs out smarting Sgt, Schultz (John Banner) and Col.Wilhelm Klink (Warner Klemperer), Wolfgang Hochstetter (Howard Caine) and the rest of the Nazis. It wasn't until I was a lot older I realized that most of the main German Characters were actually Jewish as is Robert Clary.

Side note on Howard Caine, he was an accomplished fiddle player if any one has any of his music on MP3s let me know, I'd love to hear it.

Now on to the record, I find it strange that of all the cast members to not be on this album is Bob Crane, after all he was alive when this was done in 1966. He was a radio DJ at one point so why wasn't he on this album? I don't know hope someone out there does.

Over all the songs on this record are done really well and it's pretty enjoyable.

This was released in 1966 on Sunset Records. It was released in Mono and Stereo, this version is in Stereo.

Don't worry, I'll get back to more traditional music, just taking a little side journey.

Enjoy,

Brian Guy

http://rapidshare.com/files/1122981319/Hogan's%20Heroes%20Sing%20the%20Best%20of%20World%20War%20II%20LP%20-%20va.rar


2 comments:

  1. "The Best of World War II" those where the days haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think they were talking about the songs not the war, but you never know.

    Cheers,

    Brian Guy

    ReplyDelete