Thursday, March 14, 2013

Golden Throats - The Great Celebrity Sing Off LP - va

I know a few people are going to think I've lost my mind for posting this and maybe I have.
This is a very interesting novelty record. A few of the songs I'm pretty sure everyone has heard Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner mangling songs, however there are a few others on this record that I'd never heard before.

Both of the Sabastian Cabot songs are really good and worth a listen to. "It's Can't be Me Babe," and "Like a Rolling Stone," as is Jack Webb of Dragnet fame doing "Try a little Tenderness," Mae West doing "Twist and Shout," is just okay.

The rest are pretty much yawners. If you are looking for something different give this a try.

Released on Rhino Records in 1988

Cheers,

Brian Guy

http://rapidshare.com/files/4050429150/Golden%20Throats%20-%20The%20Great%20Celebrity%20Sing%20Off%20LP%20-%20va.rar

No comments:

Post a Comment