Tuesday, January 29, 2013

True Police Stories of the Strange and Unexplained by DS Ingrid P. Dean

A couple of months ago I posted a book of trucker ghost stories. I was hoping that his book would be a lot like that one, but I was wrong. Most of the stories in this book don't seem that strange to me or that unexplained.

For example there is a story of a police officer who found that a so-called psychic was planting bones at crime scenes and then claiming to find them. Not really strange or unexplained. That's not to say that there are some good stories in here, but it just was not what I was expecting.

Probably 90% of the stories are from the state of Michigan where Dean worked as a police officer. Some of the other stories are from Washington State, Alaska, and Texas among others.

There is also a list in the back of the book with people who contributed stories to the book. Which is pretty interesting.

I enjoyed the book to an extent, but like I said I was expecting more ghost stories that stories on intuition and strange feelings.

Bottom line if you are looking for truly strange stories then I'd pass on this book, but if you are looking for interesting police stories, then take a chance on this book.

Published by Llewellyn Worldwide of Woodbury, MN 2011

Cheers,

Brian Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment