Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Son of Pete and the Automatic Band - Mankind 7"

Okay I have no information on this band, all I can say is this is the strangest thing I have ever heard in my life.

If anyone out there knows anything about this band, please let me know, I'd love to find out what kind of person would put this out.

When I first saw this in a record store I really didn't know what to make of it it kind of looked Oi!ish maybe country western I wasn't sure. Well, this is more like crazy drugged out hippy music.

Side one "Mankind," sounds like the chipmunks but I think the animal is supposed to be a duck, but not really sure.

Side two "Ms Nell tied to the rail road tracks and saved," I have to admit I pretty much blanked out on it. Very strange are the best words I can use to describe this record.

This was released on Beserkley records in 1976

Enjoy,

Brian Guy

http://rapidshare.com/files/1706341907/Son%20of%20Pete%20and%20the%20Automatic%20Band%20-%20Mankind%207inch.rar

2 comments:

  1. Haha what the hell. Dont feel bad Brian i would also have bought this based on the cover alone. Looks like a Sons of Liberty split EP or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah looks can be very deceiving can't they?

    Oh well, what the hell.

    Cheers,

    Brian Guy

    ReplyDelete