Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Sasquatch File by John Green

I saw this in a local used book store and decided even though I'm not really into the whole bigfoot/sasquatch thing, there was something about this book that I found very interesting because it involves cryptozoology which I've always enjoyed reading about.

In this book we basically have reports of signings from the Untied States and Canada up until 1972.

I guess my major complaint on this book is that the reports are pretty short, normally just one or two sentences, it would have been nice if we had a little more detail. There are a couple of reports that actually use the newspaper clippings, which was nice but they were really hard to read. I understand some of the reports were ages old even when the book was published which probably didn't help matters much.

I do think the book is a valuable piece of work of trying to catalogue reports of Sasquatch, but like I said before more detail would have been nice.

The book is dedicated to none other that Roger Patterson who was responsible for the now pretty much accepted faking of a bigfoot siting on the Klamath River near Orleans, California. Now, does that mean that we should assume that everything in this book is false because of that? No, I don't think so. I think it's something to just add to the mix.

If you can find this book, I'd say pick it up and give it a good read if you are into bigfoot.

This was published in 1973 by Cheam Publishing Ltd, Agassiz, BC

No comments:

Post a Comment