Saturday, November 24, 2012

Bobby Wayne - The Letter 7"

I was kind of surprised when I listen this as I am used to Bobby Wayne having a more rockabilly sound and this is more or less straight up country western.

Bobby Wayne is from Spokane, WA and recorded a lot of different styles from what I can gather from the Internet from Country to rock and roll. I'm not sure exactly when this was released on the Jerden label, but I'm thinking mid to late 60's.

"The Letter," is a song about getting a letter from your woman saying she's dumping you. I know how many people get a dear John letter these days, I think it's a dear John Text or Email. This one has a interesting ending, but I'm not going to give it away.

The flipside is "Uncle Sam's Got My Number," which is a song about getting drafted, kind of a Vietnam draft song I'm guessing. Another thing that doesn't happen anymore.

Good little seven inch here.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

https://rapidshare.com/files/3844098746/Bobby%20Wayne%20-%20The%20Letter%207inch.rar

No comments:

Post a Comment