Monday, September 10, 2012

Anthology of Myanmar Punk Rock Vol. 1

Okay this is something that I think is pretty cool. Two bands from Myanmar, The Ants and Ghost Rider. Yeah, maybe calling this an Anthology may be a stretch but, I'm not sure how many bands there really are in Myanmar.

I really know nothing about Myanmar so this is, pardon the pun, foreign to me. I remember when I was this in a record store, that no longer exist, I had to pick it up and give it a try and I am glad I did.

Ghost Rider comes across as a pretty much straight up rock band with some Ministry influences. I swear that their first and last songs are the same song.

The Ants to me sound a lot more punk rock. I have to say I enjoyed their side a little bit more, but I really enjoyed them both a lot.

All the song titles are in Burmese I think, but don't hold me to that, so I don't know what the titles actually are. If some one out there can translate them for me that would be pretty cool.

This was released in 2000 on Tian An Men 89 Records of Menchhoffen, France.

http://rapidshare.com/files/2474843471/Ants%2C%20the%20-%20Ghost%20Rider%20-%20Anthology%20of%20Myanmar%20Punk%20Rock%20Vol.%201%20-%20split.rar

Enjoy,

Brian Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment