Thursday, August 30, 2012

Trucker Ghost Stories: And other True Tales of Haunted Highways, Weird Encounters, and Legends of the Road edited by Annie Wilder

When I first saw this book in my local book store I almost shit my pants. A book on two of my favourite things; Trucking and Ghosts. So, I bought the book hoping that it would not turn out to be one of those ghost books that tend to just make me mad because they are so much bullshit.

The first thing that sticks out on this book is look real close at the headlights on this Kenworth. See what I'm talking about? That's cool.

I have to say this is a great book. There are a couple of stores that I really thought didn't fit the book format at all,"Ghost Dogs of Waverly Hills Sanatorium," which really had nothing to do with ghost on the road and "Lovers' Lane Legend," which is a crappy old story used to just scare kids and why it was published in this book astounds me.

There really are too many stories for me to say this is my favourite, but I think that Annie Wilder did a great job putting this book together and I hope that if there is a Volume 2, it will be just as good.

If you like short ghost stories about trucking, for the most part do yourself a favour and pick this book up.

This was published by Tor in 2012 and is still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment