Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Eddie Spaghetti - Sundowner LP (review Only)

Okay, I have to admit that I'm a big fan of the Supersuckers and Eddie Spaghetti so this review might be a little biased.

First my complaints. According to the sticker that I have on my copy there is supposed to be a code to download the album + bonus tracks well, my copy didn't come with that so that pisses me off a bit, also there is a little skip in the first track. Now, I really love the label that this album is on Bloodshot out of Chicago, IL is right up there with Diesel Only of Brooklyn, NY as the best Alt Country labels on the planet, so I am a little disappointed in the label. I still support Bloodshot 110%.

Now on to the music. 12 songs on this LP and I have to say that they are all classic Eddie Spaghetti styling which for me is true heaven. I love the cover of "Girl on the Billboard," who I think was originally done by Del Reeves. Eddie totally makes this song his own, without making is sound like crap. I believe "Everybody's Girl" was done by Rick Springfield, but I could be wrong. We also get a countrified version of "Marie," which is a great song supposedly about the death of Eric Martin who was the original lead singer for the Supersuckers.

So, support Bloodshot Records and support Eddie Spaghetti.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment